Revised July 1, 2020
Information We Collect When You Use Our SiteAs you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may collect, through automatic or manual data collection technologies, certain information about your equipment, IP addresses, browsing actions and patterns to improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and web beacons. California Residents: Additionally, we may collect or disclose the following the categories of personal information about California residents in the preceding 12 months. We obtain these categories of personal information:
- Directly from our clients or their agents. (e.g., from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us).
- Indirectly from our clients or their agents. (e.g., through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them).
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our Site. (e.g., from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically).
- Personal Information or Data such as name, social security number, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, cookies, usage data, and other data that could directly or indirectly identify you.
- Site Visit or Usage Data and Marketing Information such as interest in products or services, company demographics, and registration for or attendance of webinars or seminars.
- Transaction Details such as transactions relating to policy coverage, insurance premiums, insurance claims and payment history.
- Web Beacons such as small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit OneDigital, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Personal Information, Professional/Employment Information and Other Identifiers such as name, postal address, contact information, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, education, current or past employment, professional and financial information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information such as profile reflecting person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Commercial information such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information.
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation and Sensory Data such as physical location or movements, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Protected Classification Characteristics such as age, ethnicity, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, physical or mental illness, disabilities, gender, and veteran status).
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We may use and process information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for our legitimate business interests, including any personal information or data. We may disclose aggregated information and other anonymous data to third parties without restriction. We may use, process, or disclose personal information or data without your permission under the following circumstances:
How We Use Your Information
General Population & California Residents
Disclosure of Your Information
General Population & California Residents
- To third party service providers such as entities providing customer service, email delivery, auditing, hosting our website and other services.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional to verify coverage or benefits, to inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware or to conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- To our affiliates, contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business or deliver insurance-related services to you.
- To third parties involved with events that you register for, to facilitate your participation in those events.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide such information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To an insurance carrier, agent or credit reporting agency to detect, prevent or prosecute actual or potential criminal activity, fraud, misrepresentation, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities in connection with an insurance transaction.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OneDigital, our affiliates, customers or service providers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of OneDigital’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OneDigital about user of our Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
California Residents: OneDigital has not sold personal information as defined or contemplated by the CCPA in the preceding 12 months.
Your Data Privacy Rights
Generally, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, as a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. For California residents, CCPA grants certain rights in relation to your personal information.
- Right to Opt-Out: You can opt-out if you do not wish to have your contact information used by OneDigital to promote our own products or services.
- Right to Correct: You may request correction or destruction of any of your personal information or data maintained by us to the extent that any such request would not violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what specific pieces of personal information OneDigital has collected and retained about you over the preceding 12 months.
- Right to Receive: You have a right to receive a copy of your personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have a right to delete your personal information.
- Right to Exercise Rights: You have a right to exercise your rights under the CCPA without discrimination.
- *OneDigital does not sell your personal information, so we do not offer an opt-out.
European Economic Area
- Right to Access: You have the right to obtain information on what personal data of yours the data controller is being processed, for what purpose the data is being disclosed, to whom it has been or will be disclosed, and how long the data will be store..
- Right to Rectify: You have the right to request the data controller rectify inaccurate personal data.
- Right to Erase: You have the right to request the data controller erase your personal data where the data is no longer necessary, you have withdrawn your consent to processing, or in other circumstances as outline in Article 17 of GDPR.
- Right to Restrict You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: You have a right to receive your personal data and transmit those data to another controller.
- Right to Object: You have a right to object at any time to processing of your personal data.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making: If utilized, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
How to Submit a Request
Send an e-mail to email@example.com stating your request.
Request to be omitted from future e-mail distributions by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional email or by sending us a return e-mail with your request to be omitted from future e-mail distributions
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at 1-800-364-7575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to requests in accordance with the CCPA if it can verify your identity or the identity of your authorized agent submitting the request.
A California resident may designate an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to submit a disclosure or deletion request on behalf of the California resident. For OneDigital to respond to a request from an authorized agent, we may: (1) Request a copy of the written permission granting the authorized agent to make such a request on the California resident’s behalf; and (2) Verify the identity of the California resident. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by a California resident to act on their behalf.
If you want to exercise any of the rights outlined above, please contact us.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfill your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration of personal information under our control, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable federal and state standards. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information or data is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through our Site. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13; however, if we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Please contact us if you believe we might have personal information about a child under age 13.
Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)